Due to recent significant market demand for Lactoferrin, HPS’ client wanted to improve their Lactoferrin yields and lower their overall production costs and implementing new plant design and construction using state of the art technology. This demand has extended our project team globally with HPS have recently being awarded a large Lactoferrin project for Westland in New Zealand and in the United States – See the official Westland announcement here and follow further announcements on their LinkedIn Page
HPS implemented their LYI product and designed a complex process surrounding this technology.
The client realised significantly reduced production costs and delivered a Lactoferrin yield increase of 100%.
- HPS have developed a process to extract Lactoferrin from skim milk and whey, delivering significantly higher yields than traditional methods.
- HPS have redesigned the membrane system utilised for Lactoferrin extraction which is critical to deliver high yields in the final drying process.
- The LYI technology solution provides a number of commercial and financial benefits to their clients, including:
- Significantly higher Lactoferrin yields. Following implementation, LYI results in an increase in Lactoferrin extraction yields over traditional methods (60mg/L v 180mg/L).
- Increasing yields delivers significant financial benefits as the current price of Lactoferrin is approaching $2,500 USD per kg.
- Lower resin costs. Resin is a significant and costly input into the Lactoferrin extraction process. LYI enables different resin types to be utilised, resulting in significantly lower extraction costs.
- With a global compound annual growth rate for demand close to 15%, HPS can help to upgrade and build new processing capacity to help meet this demand.
Want to know more?
You Tube Channel